Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Blog #6

Top 12 Most Popular Social Media Sites In 2022 
What I Learned

I learned a lot about the history of social media that I didn’t know before. I thought that social media came in the early 2000’s with the computer but from what I learned from the power points and presentations, I learned that it started back in 1844. Social media in 1844 seems impossible but it does make sense because a telegram being sent is like a direct message on a social media platform. The impacts of social media to me are pretty clear in how communication is spread. In my opinion there are a lot more positive effects that come out of social media than negative. Deleting social media altogether could solve so many problems that people deal with. I know it sounds like what is the best way to ski, don’t ski but it is a realistic thing in which they could delete it and the majority of their problems go away. 


What I also heard was that there are about 4.7 billion social media users in the world today. I think that number is probably correct because people have multiple instagram accounts, multiple twitters, etc. All of these are counted as users and the numbers keep adding up. For example, I have my personal account for myself, a business account for my podcast, and when I was in high school I ran my hockey team's instagram. Already there are three users for one person in myself and that’s not counting other people who have the same.
Overall I learned a lot about these presentations that I previously did not know about technology and social media we have today. I had no clue the Abraham Lincoln used an emoji for an example. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Post

My Relationship with Technology When you think about your day and look at what you did, a huge majority of people will mention something abo...